Question

Panicked101

My score dropped 26 points and I don't know why
I have not opened any new accounts and I have been diligent about reducing my overall outstanding debt and reducing utilization. I have not even shopped! I have examined my reports before and after the drop and I only see reduced balances nothing more. Why would it fall so dramatically?

Something must have changed, my first guess was that your credit card balances increased, but you said that they did not, so I am not sure. It is always a good idea to keep an eye on your FICO scores too if you are in the process of building credit.

credit dropped 26 pts

Same thing happened to me and I had a negative item removed and my mortgage balance decreased! Please tell me why? I was so excited about rebuilding and now I'm sad again.