Question

kcc17

My Payment History %
My payment history grade is a D, when I was late on one payment over 2 years ago.

I have make 40 of 41 payments on-time but CK has my Made On-Time at 97.56%, which is why I have a D grade.

I think this is unfair as I have not been late once since the one time, and I was on vacation and slipped on a bill but paid it right when I got back.

Why is my % not at 99% or 98% even?

Thank you.

Most Helpful Response

In reply to your question

"Why is my % not at 99% or 98% even?"

It's all done by simply dividing 40 by 41 which is 0.9756. Move the decimal over 2 places to the right and that is your percentage of 97.56%. Just give it time and you'll see your percentage go up towards 100% again as long as you keep paying on time.

kcc17

Thank you so much for explaining as that makes sense. But it has been over 2-years now, how much longer until it gets back to 100%?

Also, I called the department store and explained but they said it cannot be changed by them but it is hurting my credit score that could be in the mid-700's instead of 695.

Late payments that are over 2 years old are not calculated in your credit score, so don't sweat it too much.