Question

ambatx4223

My lender is forcing me to repay my HELOC, but I cannot find a bank to take the loan (under-water).
I don't qualify for financial hardship and so do not qualify for loan modification programs. I have about $25K in credit card debt and a lot of student loans. I'm thinking bankruptcy may be a good option. Thoughts?

Bankruptcy will not eliminate the student loans.  They will remain collectable untilc paid in full. Be aware that filing bankruptcy will trash your credit for ten years but 'bad debts' fall off after,7. Try searching for Dave Ramsey's site for information on how to effectively negotiate repayments that are workable.