Question

rodmanG

My Journey rebuilding my Credit.
For years I had never once thought of credit after being young and dumb with credit. This Journey started in Aug 2015 of this year getting serious about straightening my credit out.

On 9/1/2015 I opened a wells fargo secured credit card for 500.00. The started using Credit Karma to look at my credit report and start getting the collections off my report. I went from having 4 collections on my Equifax report to having ZERO as of today's 11/15/2015. My Transunion report had a total of 9 collections as of today's date I have 1 left. It is a PDF so soon as I pay it I will have ZERO on it.

Since 9/1/15 I have a new first time ever unsecured credit card through Capital One ( Quicksilver card ) with a 300.00 limit. Yes it's a small amount but It will grow fast from what I have read on other websites about this card. I have managed to keep my Wells Fargo way blow 30% utilization every month.

I pay it off a couple times a month and have a very small balance when my statement drops every month. I have tried unsuccessfully to sign up for myfico subscription 3 times. I have called they have no idea what the problem is. I wanted to put it on my wells fargo card just pay it off every month. But for some reason its not working. I am going to call them back tomorrow and have them get me in touch with there tech support.

I also have a small account with Fingerhut. I do not use anymore on my credit cards then I can pay right off. I have paid two bills with my Capital One card and paid both balances in full ( 198.00 ) and (232.48) and I have not gotten my first statement yet with them. My plan is to get my limit increased and use that card to pay my all my bills with it and pay it off soon as the charges are on my card.

I am in the right direction so far I believe. My Fako score with Credit Karma in March of this year was a 450 it's at 654 now. I know this is not my true score but as for the fako I think it's a big jump from 450 to 654.

I will update regularly as my credit changes.
Rodman

Most Helpful Response

Congratulations on the successful rebuilding journey. Thank you for sharing your story, it shows others that with some hard work there is hope. As far as not being able to get myfico to work, maybe check into Experian, I believe they have a package with FICO scores from all the bureaus, but it may not include as many different versions of fico as myfico does, but just wanted to throw that out there for an option for you.

rodmanG

Thanks for your advice. 

11/24/15 update

My finger Hut account ( New Account ) dropped and I was a bit over  credit utilization (63%) Wow that made my score drop. Now I know when it needs to be paid. That will not happen again. Luclkly next month it will have zero balance and hopefully I can recover that. Experian had dropped two baddieds from my report only one left there. TU also has dropped one baddie now leaves one left. I  fould out why I can not get a FICO score yet. My credit is to new I have to have 6 months of reporting to get a score. So a few more months I should have one. Ill upadte more soon. I hope to be in the 700 club by the summer. 

RG

rodmanG

Today 11/24/15 I logged into my Finger Hut account to see what my Current Balance was. I noticed I had gotten a credit limit increase from 300.00 to 700.00 That is a $400.00 increase within 30 days of opening my account with them. 

New Car

On 12-6-15 I just bought a new car. Its a 2015 hyundai accent with 15 miles. I bought it through hyundai first time buyers program. 

Update 12/1/15

Just got email from Experian No more baddies on there. Everything has been removed now I have 3 postive accounts showing on all three reports. I have one bad mark left on my TU report which should be removed in a few weeks. I am happy debt free and 3 cards building my credit back up. I hope to be in the 700 club by the summer.