Question

Posted in Retirement

Jpesre

My future retirement
I fun rental properties that my husband and i purchased .we have been married ten years but he controls everything . I have to ask him for a dollar im really worried about my future . I havent paid or worked enough to get social security. Please help me with my options . He is a manager at nite making125,000 a year plus the rentals that are all paid for

You will get a spousal allowance from Social Security when you retire.  That your husband has total control over everything is not good.  I hope you know what is coming in and is going out.  Ask him and point out that, should he die before you do, you might be lost in handling the accounts so should see what is happening now.  After all, you are his partner in life, so should understand the financial aspect of the partnership.