Question

NNelson22

My FICO scores are DRASTICALLY lower(over 100 points lower) than CreditKarma scores
I just signed up for the 7 day free trail on experians website and got my three FICO reports. Well needless to say I am unhappy with the results. My transunion score ok CK is 644, and on Experian it shows as 529...Equifax on CK is 631 and on the Experian site it shows 576. HOW are CK's scores so off?? I thought my score was getting better and I was that much closer to getting a house, buut I guess not. I'm very frustrated.

Credit Karma uses useless model

Credit Karma needs to change their model to that used by lenders. I understand that there are a variety of models or scoring schemes. But CK scores are consistently too high by 100 points. CK can and should do better. It is a poor service to users to mislead them to approach a lender with wrong information.

quite the opposite here

CK's model consistently has my TU and EQ scores 60-90 points lower than my true FICO scores for the same bureaus. Banks and other lenders don't use the Vantage models, so I am done with CK and sticking with the true FICOs.

Same Same

I went to trade in my bike going by my CK score and my score was 90 points less, and Harley gave me a stupid interest rate. Sure I was approved, but not buying at that rate. CK really let me down. I've been checking it each week to find out how it was going and even opened a couple of CC just to raise it and keeping the balances zeroed after each use. All for not. Was such a nice bike, was pretty excited at the concept of getting it. Had all the extras worked into the deal and everything. CK should be ashamed for letting people think their score is so high, but I guess they think they'll keep more customers if they show their score through rose colored glasses.

Useless

I checked my credit karma score the day I went to apply for a car loan. My Experian credit score was 30 points lower than what Credit Karma said that same day. Needless to say the interest rate difference would have been 19% versus 11%. Not only did I waste the car dealerships time I wasted my time going that day. Whatever system they use is very inaccurate and I will not be relying on it again for any of my credit score needs.

Weird

Mine on credit karma said like 465 and I was terrified and searching for a co signer when I had to buy a new car after someone totaled my car. When they ran my credit it said 640. So my score was well above what CK said. Now my score has climbed. Don't trust it but to see what accounts you have open and balances. I'd use it to dispute old accounts. They knock em off quite easily. 

Not happy

Try to buy a house. According to Ck my husbands score in in the mid 600 range. After me stressing how important it was for us to check his actual FICO 8 score I finally checked it and low and behold his score is actually 100 lower than CK reported. So I would definitely not rely on CK for an accurate number. Even if we are approved our interest rate will be through the roof. So pay the $1 and than cancel your subscription. It will be better than hitting your head against a wall trying to figure out of CK is in anyway correct.

Feeling the same way

I had the same thing happen to me. I use CK, quizzle, and sesame and they all said my score was 618. got my FICO today and it said 549. I am feeling down about this as well and completely frustrated!

The scores here use the Vantage scoring system which is different from FICO and the credit bureaus which use their own matrix.  You will find more different ways to calculate credit scores than you thought possible and no particular one is the correct one, nor is it wrong.  The scores on this site are strictly for use with the financial tools here and are not reported to anyone else.  My score here was 745 and I found out that the Credit Union used the score from Experian which was in the mid 600s but I got a low interest car loan a couple of months ago. Ten years ago, that would not have been possible. Just make sure your payments are made on time, credit card utilization is below 10% and don't close any credit card accounts, and you'll do okay.

RE: My FICO scores are DRASTICALLY lower

I'm having the same issue.  CK is listing my Transunion at 750 and my Equifax at 778, but I get my FICO score monthly for free w/ my Discover card statement, and it has been consistently coming across at 715.

yet according to capital one credit tracker my score is 601... I'm so confused...