Question

NNelson22

My FICO scores are DRASTICALLY lower(over 100 points lower) than CreditKarma scores
I just signed up for the 7 day free trail on experians website and got my three FICO reports. Well needless to say I am unhappy with the results. My transunion score ok CK is 644, and on Experian it shows as 529...Equifax on CK is 631 and on the Experian site it shows 576. HOW are CK's scores so off?? I thought my score was getting better and I was that much closer to getting a house, buut I guess not. I'm very frustrated.

Most Helpful Response

Credit Karma uses useless model

Credit Karma needs to change their model to that used by lenders. I understand that there are a variety of models or scoring schemes. But CK scores are consistently too high by 100 points. CK can and should do better. It is a poor service to users to mislead them to approach a lender with wrong information.

Feeling the same way

I had the same thing happen to me. I use CK, quizzle, and sesame and they all said my score was 618. got my FICO today and it said 549. I am feeling down about this as well and completely frustrated!

yet according to capital one credit tracker my score is 601... I'm so confused...

Useless

I checked my credit karma score the day I went to apply for a car loan. My Experian credit score was 30 points lower than what Credit Karma said that same day. Needless to say the interest rate difference would have been 19% versus 11%. Not only did I waste the car dealerships time I wasted my time going that day. Whatever system they use is very inaccurate and I will not be relying on it again for any of my credit score needs.

Not happy

Try to buy a house. According to Ck my husbands score in in the mid 600 range. After me stressing how important it was for us to check his actual FICO 8 score I finally checked it and low and behold his score is actually 100 lower than CK reported. So I would definitely not rely on CK for an accurate number. Even if we are approved our interest rate will be through the roof. So pay the $1 and than cancel your subscription. It will be better than hitting your head against a wall trying to figure out of CK is in anyway correct.

RE: My FICO scores are DRASTICALLY lower

I'm having the same issue.  CK is listing my Transunion at 750 and my Equifax at 778, but I get my FICO score monthly for free w/ my Discover card statement, and it has been consistently coming across at 715.

The scores here use the Vantage scoring system which is different from FICO and the credit bureaus which use their own matrix.  You will find more different ways to calculate credit scores than you thought possible and no particular one is the correct one, nor is it wrong.  The scores on this site are strictly for use with the financial tools here and are not reported to anyone else.  My score here was 745 and I found out that the Credit Union used the score from Experian which was in the mid 600s but I got a low interest car loan a couple of months ago. Ten years ago, that would not have been possible. Just make sure your payments are made on time, credit card utilization is below 10% and don't close any credit card accounts, and you'll do okay.