My Credit was Great. Everything I seem to do just makes it worse when I think it should get better!
About a year ago my score was 750+, then I leased a car and closed my old student credit card and it dropped to a 685. My report card said I have bad "Average Account Length", "Number of Accounts", "and Credit-Debt Ratio". So I opened a new credit card, increased a limit on an existing, and paid off a student loan thinking it would help. Instead of going up, it has gone down to 670. What am I doing wrong here? It doesn't make sense to me. I go to this site's "Simulator" and everything I think should help (like adding another account, increasing the # consecutive on-time months, etc.) actually causes my score to drop! If anyone has any insight I would greatly appreciate it.