Question

ratdog35

My credit score of 825 dropped to 625 in the last 6 months...
based on the debt to credit limit ratio on most of my credit cards being above 30%. Though I have been make at least the minimum payments on time each month, many of the credit card companies have decreased my credit limit, which has further affected my credit score. So I now have 6 cards that are using 60% of their limits.
What's the best way to recover from this? Is it better to pay off the cards with lower balances completely or pay an even amount to the higher balance cards?

Snowballing...

I have always been told the best way to help your credit in this type of situation is to pay off the lower balances first, then take the money that you used for those payments, and add it toward your payments to the higher balances. This method is called snowballing, because as you pay off lower balance cards, you have a bigger amount of money to pay on the higher balanced cards.