Question

RickyC07

My credit score keeps changing (Bankruptcy)
I have been monitoring my credit since I've filed for bankruptcy and my credit score keeps changing-some weeks I gain points, other weeks I lose points. This week my score dropped 29 points and I am down to a 559. Will my score continue to fluctuate until my bankruptcy is completely discharged?

I noticed that in this weeks updates all 5 of my student loan accounts have been dropped from my report; I thought federal student loans cannot be discharged?

Changing scores

Your credit score is a snapshot of the information reporting at the second you access your report.  Consequently, it can change from week to week, day to day, and even hour to hour.

I highly recommend that you work to maintain a 100% accuracy on your credit file.  Unfortunately, our credit reporting system is rather riddled with issues and experts from all arenas acknowledge this issue.  As such, much of the information on your credit file may be inaccurate or unverifiable and consequently should be removed.  Additionally, while addressing the negative information reporting, you will want to have an established plan to rebuild your credit file and maintain new postive reporting information.  Most credit improvement companies provide complimentary consultations (Such as ours) and I'd highly recommend speaking to an expert in this arena to assist you with developing a plan.