Question

mclg32

My credit score is around 517 now. I NEED to make this a lot better. Any advice?
I've read that opening a prepaid or secured credit card can help boost the rating, but I'm not sure if these are necessary yet or I can still be approved for an unsecured card. How do I know which ones to look for? Please help!

Most Helpful Response

Secured Credit Card

Hi I was in the same boat and am slowly getting out of it. I was surprisingly approved for a Gap Credit card and then a Wal Mart with low limits. I also have a $300 secured card too. I am trying to get a mortgage and my lender said to use each a little and make the minimum payments. She said for mortage purposes they want to see 12 months of on time good payment history and that you were able to manage credit wisely by charging a little bit and paying it off. regularly. Also I was told to stay away from short term loans like Dollar Loan Center...etc because they do not help credit at all. You will do it because if I can anyone can.