Question

Kateandbug528

My credit score is 728 is that a sufficent score to buy my first car?
I have a little over $2500 in credit card debt currently and with a $10,000 student loan I am trying to pay off. With my credit score being 728 is that sufficient enough to buy a new car ranging from $20,000-$25,000? I am worried my credit score is not high enough, because I got kinda far into debt in between jobs and school etc. I am almost free of the credit card debt but am worried the outstanding balance for my student loan will hold me back or I won't have enou

credit score 728

I wanted to add that I am worried I don't have enough credit.  Because this will be the biggest purchase I will have so far, with me being only 25 years of age.

Thanks for your input.

Katelyn 

Addison170

I think you should be able to get a loan, but I can't say what your rate might be.  Also depends on how much you have to put down on the car.  Also, depends on if you are purchasing a new or used car.  If you have a bank or credit union you use, just sit down and talk to them.  Take them a compelte copy of your credit report from www.annualcreditreport.com so they don't have to pull your credit.  Don't sign for anything, just ask them whether they think you would qualify, for how much and at what rate.