Question

fmg1920

my credit score is 528. what shoud I do?
I have a lot of late payments on my auto and personal loans. I have unpaid balances I am currently working on. I have paid off one. But, it hasn't helped. Are my late payements hurting me??

Most Helpful Response

Yes... your payment history makes up about 35% of your total credit score. You should continue to pay off your unpaid balances and begin to repair your payment history by paying your bills on time every time (late payments will stay on your report for 7 years). Give it time and eventually your credit score should start to rise. You can use CK's credit simulator to see how much your score would go up if you pay your bills on time over a 24 month period. You can read this for more info too -- http://blog.creditkarma.com/credit-scores/poor-credit-score-3-ways-to-build-or-rebuild-credit/