Question

mattmo78

My credit score has stalled over the last 5-6 months. How can I raise it?
I've been paying all of my bills on time or before the due date. I have my mortgage, 1 credit card, cell phone, and basic utilities that I have been paying. My CC utilization stays around 15-20%... I use it for gas purchases only and pay it off every month. I have not had a late mortgage payment for a couple years.

My credit score was on the rise at the first of the year, but now it has not changed in the last 5 or 6 months. My Insurance score and Vantage score will go up & down, and they stay at a high level, but I cannot get my Credit score to increase. What can I do to continue the rise in my score? My score is currently at 659 and it's mainly due to late payments a few years ago.

Think about a second credit card.  If you have 2 cards and split the gas purchases between the cards, it would lower your utililization to 10% or less.  It might lower your score slightly for a couple of months with a new card, but over time it would show another line of credit.

Try the credit simulator offered on this site and see what it says.