Question

mudgirls1

my bankrupcy is 8 years old shouldnt it come off my credit?
My bankrupcy was Dec. 2004 so just 8 years ago I thought it dropped from my credit at 7 years why is it still affecting me?

Most Helpful Response

Bankruptcy Hurts

The seven year limit is for most credit accounts and they will vanish after that time period.  Unfortunately (and I've been there) a bankruptcy stays on your credit report for 10 years.  So it's going to have some effect, but being reliable in paying any debts you may have from this date forward will help earn creditors trust.

mudgirls1

Thanks so much and I have been I have student loans and have just started taking out credit cards that can be paid off at time of service for no interest or card fee so this is helpful thank you again