Multiple Medical bills on credit due to insurance cancelled illegally
I lost my job while out on surgery leave. I ended up needing 2 surgeries not my fault. I have gotten no money for 6 months at all yet continue to pay most of my bills on time & in full with my savings but it is dwindling fast. I took COBRA to keep my medical (since I knew I was having a second surgery that would be $10,000) at $525 per month with no income coming in but had just gotten my income tax return so was able to pay it for 6 months using this so far. In the meantime- I make my monthly medical payments on time, my employer continues to cancel my medical insurance every single month on the 1st when due on purpose to harass me which I then have to continually call & email them for 2 full weeks every month until I they put me back on- then it starts all over again 2 weeks later so my medical bills are denied & I am unable to pay them being I have no income (ineligible for unemployment until I am deemed able to work) and already am paying $525 a month for this medical. to begin with which I 'technically' really don't have since they cancel me. Now- all of these bills are going on my credit. How do I fix this as no loan company is ever going to believe this that all these medical bills were to be paid (but they were) as I paid my co-pays at the doctor office, etc. I cannot afford a lawyer & do not know what else to do. I have tried to be nice about this but they are intentionally ruing my credit on purpose as well as making me spend hours on this I do not have as I need to look for a new job as well now and am trying to help my grown daughter out who has cancer. The only other option I have is to call every single medical provider every month after this happens to rebill after I have fought with my employer the 2 weeks that month & give them the info again to rebill which is a lot since I have had multiple diagnostic tests, 2 surgeries with all those associated medical costs), Physical therapy 3x a week, doctor visits, etc on a monthly basis. How can I handle this in the best way that won't involve hours of work as we also had a fire & I am fighting the insurance co to pay up and the city not to fine me on this? I have called COBRA lawyers and others but they all want a retainer fee of approximately $1000 which I simply do not have due to not working. I have been unable to obtain any help on this issue and my credit is over 200 points lower now.