Question

LaconicAmb3r

Moving balance to husband's account I'm not on - will it raise my score?
Hello all!
So, my husband and I share an AMEX card. The utilization was over 100%. He moved it to a different card that I'm not on to pay less in fees. Will it raise my credit by removing that high utilization? And if so, what are my chances of getting a credit card for low spending with high rewards (looking for a card I can use in lieu of carrying cash since a decent amount of people don't accept AMEX)?

Most Helpful Response

Yes it will increase your credit by having the utlization reduced. I have no idea what kind of cards you can be approved for, that depends on your credit. Go to credit card company websites that you are interested in and check the preapprovals. Do your homework via a google search on which credit card companies have accurate preapprovals as not all do. I would really try to get your credit card debt under control before getting more cards though.