Question

tippysdad

Mortgage showing twice
Check my credit karma report weekly. It is suddenly showing my mortgage TWICE, vastly increasing my outstanding debt. Amounts listed are slightly different. Does this mean it's in my actual credit report twice? How do I get this fixed?

Most Helpful Response

GMAC mortgages transferred to greentree

I have 5 morgages from gmac that transferred to greentree and were never zero'd out.  Must go on GMAC website and call custormer service, now OCWEN.  They want me to fax my credit report pages showing the last gmac reporting from Jan and Feb with NA listed under recent balance and recent payment.  They only listed a statement that acct was transferred to another lender but did not list as closed, and did not list balance as zero.  OCWEN also told me that I was the only complaint from all the gmac transfers!  Can't be right.  Think they are just blowing off complaints.  They wanted me to dispute every mortgage balance to every credit agency.  I told them this was totally unreasonable and unethical for them not to report transferred mortgage as paid off.  Need all of you to call 1-800-766-4622 to request an updated corrected reporting from OCWEN as zero balances.

I've got the same thing--GMAC sold my mortgage to Greentree and now BOTH are showing up, although GMAC was last updated in January.  But my total debt is double what it should be.  Unfortunately, this question is showing up all over CreditKarma and I've yet to see a response from anyone other than users who have the same problem.

GMAC

Talked to GMAC about my old mortgage with them still showing on my credit report 7 months after they sold it to Green Tree. They just brushed me off.

Same thing on mine!  I was hoping to find an answer too.  I've had problems with my credit reports being combined with another person with a similar name but that's not the case this time.