Question

smendora

monthly balance
Am I hurting my credit rating when I pay off my balance every month ? Or if I don't use my card for a few months, does this hurt me ? I'm really trying to raise my credit score, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

No  &   No.

1) Never EVER carry a balance on a Credit Card. Just make those payments

2) You do not need to use a Credit card every month, or every 2 months , or even every 6 or 8 months.   I have a few credit card that I have not used in 2 years.   I send them a 1.25 payment every few months to show activity and to show as a Payment for Payment history.  they send me the 1.25 back , I deposits it and the repeat the process.

It takes time.