Question

WantToSeeItClimb

Middle Credit Score pulled for mortgage
I have read many posts about scores being lower than the true score on credit karma. I just had the opposite happen. My scores on here are 670 and 668 and my middle score pulled for a mortgage loan was 608. I have gone up nearly 24 points in the last month, but it's still not high enough. I already know different models are used, but still very disappointing! So the middle score is higher/lower than the other two?

Most Helpful Response

The middle score

Your 'middle' score is simply a term used by mortgage loan officers to describe the score used in determining which of your three scores will used in the application process.  Meaning they pull all 3 scores, then what ever score is in between the highest and lowest is the score they use to 'shop' your loan request around to lenders with. (So if you have 565 TU,  624 EQ, and 650 EX, the 624 TU would be the score used to shop your loan reust around to different lenders)  In this way your loan is more likely to be picked up by a bank regardless of the scoring model that bank might use.  Just be mindful that using a middle score ISNT the same thing as using an averaged score (which adds and devides the total of 3 seperate scores).

ruckup

Thanks, this helped. Is there a place to go to see Experians number for free?

I am trying to refi my house, have one credit card at 3000.That is my only debt, but tp pay that off I need to refinance.

Any idea how it works making the numbers move up if all payments are on time, or how to get a 2 point improvement on one score?

Thanks

Credit report closing?

If a mortgage lender used Equifax as the credit report for the application. Will that be the report that they pull at closing?