Question

Mrmeeps

Medical insurance company paid after account went to collections.
30 separate medical bills were not paid however the surgery was approved ...all 30 line items went to collections, after three years the insurance company paid the bills directly to the provider. however they are still showing up as unpaid on my credit report...How should I proceed. Also should the collections company's show a zero balance or should the items be removed completely as they never should have gone to collections in the first place. I was not my fault they were not paid they agreements were struck between the hospital and the insurance company before I could have the procedure .

If these bills/debts were not your responsibility as they were the insurance companies, then dispute them on your credit reports. Hopefully they will remove them.

You can go to each credit bureaus website to find instructions on how to dispute things on your credit reports.