Question

dagnir

medical bill settled with original creditor. Collections agency still insists on collecting
I was admitted to the emergency room for a shoulder injury over a year ago. The majority of the bill was paid by my insurance company, and I have proof that I paid the remaining balance (statement of payment from Emergency Medical Physicians (EMP)). However the debt still went into collections somehow and made its way into my credit history. How can I fix this? Is this enough to dispute it with the credit reporting agencies?

Most Helpful Response

It sounds like it would be. Medical bills are confusing and it seems only experts can get close to understanding the process. Is there a chance the the bill in collections is a different bill from a different provider? You need as much information as you can to verify that it is the same bill. Then follow the procedures for each of the big three credit bureaus to dispute the item. Use the dispute method to mail in the dispute so that you can include the proff you have that the bill was paid in full.

It will either be removed or you will learn more about the charges.

medical bills

I dispute my medical bills on my credit report and they are still on my report the ones I paid off is still on my report I sent and copy to all three credit bureau and my credit report is still not update property, how long will it take to get this correct