Question

jennylove40

limited or no credit file
I recently applied for a loan ,but was denied for the enclosed reason(limited or no credit file ),but credit karma has a file from Trans Union which citizens bank says they checked with .I don't understand?

It just means that the lender you was trying to obtain a loan from thought that your credit history was not long enough for them to approve you for a loan. Most companies like several years of good payement history from several creditors....

No Credit File?

I am almost 4 years into a second marriage. My credit file cannot be located. How can I update my information (ie maiden name, previous name) in order to obtain a report online? My legal name is what I provided for my profile.