Question

VanessaLuv

Late Payments Dispute
I have a question for this wonderful group. I have five student loan accounts which have late payments and they ruining my score. Those 5 accounts are in good standing and I haven’t missed a single payment since 2013. CK says that I have 6 missing payments on each of those 5 counts, but those 6 missing payments contain, 120+ days late. My credit score is good and I was approved for 3 credit cards in the past 3 months. These missing payments don’t hurt me right now as I have mention before, they are good standing accounts and all with on time payment status. I was just wondering if I can dispute them in any way since they are 36 months old (late payments). Credit Karma states that late payments after 36 months don’t hurt credit score as long as I’m paying everything on time now. So can I dispute those late payments? Here is the break down, its easier to see:

1st account opened in Sep 2009, 6 late payments are in 2013 and 2012

4th account opened in Sep 2009, 6 late payments are in 2013 and 2012

2nd account opened in Dec 2006, 6 late payments are in 2013 and 2012

3rdd account opened in Jan 2008, 6 late payments are in 2013 and 2012

5th account opened in Jan 2008, 6 late payments are in 2013 and 2012

These are not the same accounts, as their amount is different. Thank you all in advance for your help

We can only dispute information that is not correct and the late payments are true.  However, when you keep the payments up to date as you have, the 'sting' of the late payments lessens over time as you have seen. Just keep making the payments on time as you have been doing.