Question

nfjacinto

just paid one thing in collections off
Hi. I had $105 in collections. I just paid it off on 2/26/2015. How soon will credit karma reflect that it has been paid? Will that stay on my credit reports? If so, how long?
Also, I have one more that is $460. My full credit report from the 3 agencies say it should be removed from my reports this summer. Is it worth paying off or should I let it go away on its own?

It will update when the collection agency gets around to reporting it.. which they got there money so are likely in no rush.

It will remain for 7 years from the date of payment.  if the collection account was old this will hurt your score rather then help your score.

Im not a lawyer but If you pay that one that will be removed this summer.  It won't be removed until prob 2022. and is prob having little effect on your credit score now as it must be very old but will once its paid as it makes it recent.  

also you can prob get that summer one removed from your reports now. as transunion will remove 6 months early, and experian three months early and equifax requires multiple attempts 1-6 months early.  you have to contest it as obsolete, too old to report.