Question

Homentex

I've got closed accounts (by me, nothing negative) from 2001, 2004, 2009. How do I get these removed

is it worth the effort?

I have accounts on my report from the 1980's.  Some have been closed for years.  They are part of your credit history. 

Credit scores are generally based on the last 84 months (7 years) of your credit report activity.  Those old accounts are not even accounted for when creating your score. 

You can go about Writting letters and trying to get old accounts off your report, but its an awful lot of time and effort and the results won't change your score. In fact having fewer old accounts on your report can actually hurt your chances on things like mortgages where some lenders look at 120 months or more of credit history.   

So if they have nothing negitive on them, save a stamp and leave them be. 

Do not try to remove these accounts. They are contributing to the "average age of accounts" with FICO scoring. They are helping your length of credit history. And also, paid off accounts make you look responsible. Removing these would DAMAGE your credit. Don't do it. Please do some reading on this and all credit topics before ever attempting to make any changes to your credit reports. Many people and I mean many, come to this forum because they damaged their credit by trying to make adjustments to it (such as removing old accounts) before reading about all of this. And once the damage is done, you cannot undo it.