Question

BAAC

I've been trying but am ready to give up on this, honestly
I am SO confused...I have been trying diligently to give this site the benefit of the doubt, but I am truly baffled at how the credit scores are being figured out. My Equifax score dropped 12 points from when I checked it 7 days ago for NO DISCERNABLE REASON!!! My credit report has not changed one iota since I last checked my score and yet it dropped 12 points. What sort of drivel is this?? If there is going to be no explanation whatsoever when something like this happens, then why am I even here?

Personally, I only worry about FICO scores, these non-fico systems are too screwy and most lenders will never use them anyway. I basically just come here to look over my reports, it is a good site for that and to spend time on the forum here trying to help others.

Providing credit scores is only a partial purpose of this site and the scores here for both Transunion and Equifax are calculated using the Vantage 3 method.  Other sites use different methods, hence the difference in score numbers.

The PRIMARY purpose of Credit Karma is  to teach people how credit works and how to improve their credit scores.  Using the interactive tools on this site and seeing the effect in a virtual world (here) vs finding out the hard way in the real world what different financial transactions might do to one's credit score is a valuable education.  I have learned a lot, made significant changes and now have a credit score that allowed low-interest purchase of a new car which I could not have done anytime in the past 15 years.  I read the articles, used the credit simulator and learned a lot-----and I was trained in accounting!.