Question

alittleconfused

it says on my report I got a grant last year for 2380$ I have been incarcerated for 5 years..help
I don't know who filed and got a grant under my name, but I have been in jail since 2009. I was released august 2014, the grant was approved in 2013. How can I get this off of my credit??

Go to annualcreditreport.com and get copies of all three credit reports.  Examine them thoroughly and file disputes on all incorrect information with the credit bureau reporting the items. I suggest doing  the dispute by regular mail and enclose copies of your release papers.  The credit bureau that is reporting this grant would have to investigate and the entry should be promptly removed. 

Validation Letter

Google it for a template and more info on how they work.  The letter should be sent to the Credit Bureau, It will require that the account be verified and they have to prove that the account is yours.  

You say a "Grant",  Generally grants do not need to be paid back and aren't reported on credit reports. So it deserves some investigation.  

Up to 79% of credit reports have inaccurate info on them. Always dispute or validate info that you do not recognize on your Report. 

Good Luck