Question

DJDaveIsaacs

Is this collection company breaking any reporting laws?
I owe a Medical Office some money. They sent it to the collection agency. The agency broke it up and instead of saying I owe $X total, they reported 14 different totals to the credit reporting bureaus. Basically they reported a collection for each different day of service. Basically trashing my credit score along the way. I have no problem paying what I owe. They will not remove them once paid. Since they created their own account numbers, would I be able to at least dispute these and get them removed?

Most Helpful Response

I am not sure about your question, but try this if you haven't done so yet, ask the medical company to pull the debt back from collections in exchange for your payment. As to your original question, I am not sure if they are doing anything illegal, but you could still run it by a consumer law attorney and see what they say.