Question

PetraHL

Is there any way to public notice
My credit score was 720 but I co-signed for my daughter's apartment and unfortunately were also held responsible for when she moved without notice and repairs needed to be made. The amount was around $3300 which is now a public notice on my credit report. My score went from 720 down to barely being good at around 680 then I checked my credit score just to find out that a collection agency from a physician that my ex-husband used were trying to collect money from me so my credit score went down around 640. I have in the mean-time straightened out the physician's bill and my credit score went back up but it is now still only in fair while previously it was in a good status. My question is two fold. Is there any way to get rid of the public notice since it isn't my bill and also how come, even with removing the physician's collection notice that my credit rating didn't go back up to it's original "good" standing.

Co-signing is never a good idea unless you can comfortably afford to lose the money and take a "hit" on your credit score.  And scores seldom climb as fast as they dropped.  When you co-signed, you guaranteed that the lease would be paid on time for the entire term of the lease and this is going to have an effect on your credit score untill it drops off in 7 years.  Sorry I can't give more encouragement.

By "public notice" I guess you mean there is a judgement against you for the apartment fees.  The only way to fix that is to pay the judgement and it will then show on your report as being released.  It will stay on your report for 7 years from date it is released.  Sorry you had to learn this lesson the hard way, never, ever cosign.  With all that being said, however, you can write letters to all three credit bureaus and ask them to validate the public record.  You may get lucky and it will come off anyway, I've seen it happen before.  Best of luck!