Question

Cretauk

Is there a way to change repayment from garnishment to some other way?
I'm being garnished and I am wanting to change it so I make normal payments and stop the garnishment because right now I am losing about $300 a month to the garnishment. Need to make car repairs or get a newer car so I am trying to find a way to change things to make repayment easier and still get it paid back

If the garnishment is for a past due amount, contact the servicer and see if you can pay off the past due amount and go back to your regular payment schedule. It just depends on what that past due amount was if it makes sense for you to consider paying a lump sum amount to get back to normal payments and of course it would be up to the servicer to consider that, based on the terms of the student loan agreement.

Sorry, but garnishment is a legal action taken when all other collection attempts have failed. You might try contacting the loan servicer, but don't couont on being able to get things changed.