Is there a statute in CA re: refinancing back loan payments and still showing said pymnts as late?
Refinanced home in 09. In June of 10 mortgage company stated they miscalculated our P.I.T.I. amount and we needed to pay $10K in back fees and stopped applying our monthly payment to the loan showing us as late. Companies suggestion to loan mod. after applying we were turned down because we did not qualify for Gov't assisstance.Not willing to work with us we obtained legal council and deposited our monthly payments in bank and filed lawsuit. In 2012 we agreed to do in house loan mod. and finance the back payments increasing the loan amount. Now that the payments are being made again on time and up to date for 10 months the mort. co. filed Bankruptcy and is still showing 24 mos of late payments. Since we are financing these shouldn't they be obligated to correct this? What can I do? This is the only item neg. on my credit report how can I increase from 672 with this on here so I can refi for lower rate?