Question

selectaname

is there a point amount that your score will go up when you are at 30% credit card utilization?
is there a specific point amount that my score will increase by if my credit utilization on my store cards is at 30%? They were at 54% and I just put a big chunk on both, I need to get my score up to buy a house

Most Helpful Response

NO can't say for sure.

Your score is based on 5 factors, Utilization is just one of them,  Your score should improve by paying down those cards to 30%,  And it would improve even more if you paid them down to 20 or even 10%, which is Ideal.

Before trying for any loan make sure that you have nothing negitive on any of your CR's  Utilization should be less than 20% and no late payments in the last 24 months.  Also remember that the longer that your utilzation is down the better your score will be in the long run.  paying them down just before trying for a new loan will help but lenders will take that into account as well. 

Lenders want to see how well you manage your credit over the long haul.