Question

stormy111

Is the company credit card hurting my credit?
I work for a company that has an American Express card. They put a card into my name so I can buy supplies when needed for the company. The credit card shows on my credit report as though it is my card and my debt even though I am not resposible for paying the debt each month. The card has over $50,000 limit which is way more than I would ever be able to get on my own because of my income. Is this hurting my credit as far as showing I have a card that has that high of a limit compared to my income? Companies might think I could rack up debt and not be able to pay it off.
Should I ask to have the card taken out of my name?
I have been paying all my other debts on time but my credit rating keeps going down a few points whenever I check it.
Thanks for any input.
Chris

Most Helpful Response

Re: company card

It's not hurting your score unless it shows late payments or a high balance to limit ratio. Also, banks can see that you are only an authorized signer and will likely exclude it from your debt. 

A 50k limit is probably helping raise your score if anything.