Question

joe8185

Is the Capital One Venture Rewards card a Visa or Mastercard?
My credit score from Equifax and Transunion is now in the 670's, so I've gotten an offer from Capital One for their Venture Rewards card with "very good" odds of approval. I'm thinking seriously about it because I just got a promotion at work that's going to boost my salary significantly so that I can handle more credit, and I need more active, responsibly handled accounts to boost my credit (I'm seriously planning on buying a car this year to replace my 16-year-old clunker and want to get the best odds possible on a decent interest rate). However, I don't know whether the Venture is a Visa or MasterCard - it doesn't say on the offer page and the picture of the card shown offers no clues. I already have a secured MasterCard from Capital One since the end of 2015 and I don't want to needlessly duplicate cards, or get a card that won't be accepted at merchants because it's not associated with a major card name like Visa, MC or Amex. Can anyone enlighten me?

Most Helpful Response

I do not have that card, but I would assume that it is a Visa. Be sure to spend some time reading all that you can about credit so you know the best ways of using it to benefit yourself in the best way.