Question

kasandraburkett

Is someone using my ssn?
This site asks me personal questions amd said I have car loans and student loans out in which I've NEVER taken either out does that mean someone is using my ssn?

Most Helpful Response

Pull actual credit reports to find out.

Hi kasandraburkett! If you're seeing loans on your credit karma report, you should definitely pull your actual credit reports (all three of them) to see if those accounts are actually on your report. You can do this on each of their websites (they will charge a fee) or you can pull them for free once a year on www.annualcreditreport.com. The government mandates that everyone is allowed to pull their credit report for free once a year. Keep in mind this will be a hard pull, but it's the only way to find out whether someone else has taken out loans using your identity.  If you do see those student loans and car loans on your actual credit report but you haven't taken them out, this is a serious identify theft issue. Don't worry yet though- credit karma isn't accurate and what you're seeing may be a bug on their end. Hope this helps!

Those are security questions, which have answers that may not actually pertain to you. Sometimes things get mixed up too. Either way, don't worry. If you can't see your credit reports here, get them directly from the credit bureaus. You can also go to the HELP CENTER on this site if you are having trouble setting up an account.

SSN NOT ACCEPTED

I cannot get the personal info entered because it won't take my SSN. Why?