Question

ladylacroix

Is it legal to resell debts?
I had a credit card debt to Capital One more than 10 years ago. They wrote it off when I lost my job and was unable to pay. But they sold it to a collection agency who hounded me for years and they in turn sold it again to another agency who is now hounding me. I cannot make payments because I am on SS and disabled. But the debt looks like a new one on my report because the date it was sold to the new agency is the one reported not the actual date of the debt. Can I get this stopped?

Most Helpful Response

You have to deal with it

That will keep happening for a total of 7 years after it ORIGINALLY went to the first collection. Either pay it or ignore it for long time...thats all you can do.