Question

JadeKai1

Is it legal for a debtor to change my address on an old account statement?
I received a letter from Portfolio Recovery Associates after filing a dispute to verify the accuracy of the debt on my credit reports. They attached documents relating to the account to establish validity and have since closed investigation pursuant to FCRA. The attached documents that PRA sent me have my current address, not the address in which the previous statement from 2013, would have been sent to. Is that legal to change the address on an old statement that is supposed to prove the validity of a debt?

Yes they can

It is their right to use your current address if the account is still collectable. They will get that info from your creidt report.  now if the debt is from a sevice address i.e. utilities etc. then the old address needs to be refferenced in the billing, but other than that they can use your current address.  They aren't going to mail you anything to the old address if they know that you have moved.