Question

grt1000

Is it common for credit card to only report to credit bureau is there's a balance
It seems that my Capital One (previously HSBC) card only reports to the credit bureaus if I hang a balance past the closing date. I used to hold a balance and it was reporting every month. I recently started paying the balance to 0 a couple days before the closing date. It seems that there is no report made to the credit bureaus when I do this. The age of the account has remained 47 months for the past 4 or 5 months.

I'm also curious if I do allow a balance to show one month, will they "catch up" and when reported, it will magically be at 52 or 53 months.

Correction

Sorry, subject of the previous message should have been "Is it common for a credit card company to only report to a credit bureau if there's a balance?"