Question

CatElmo

Is Debt Consolidation possible for me?
My Credit Score is Very Poor. I have $5,000 in Dr. Bills, and owe $13,000 on my car. I've never had a late car payment in the past 5 years. I need to know if there's a way to combine the two and have only one payment. Or, do you have any alternative suggestions? I need help. To make matters worse, the company i was working for closed down our program so I am currently unemployed. I do have unemployment benefits and will be able to continue payments on the car but there's not enough left to address the Dr. Bills. If I'm able to consolidate with the chance of a lower rate then I would be able to afford the one payment. What are the chances? I do have one credit card but I can pay that off with this loan and close out that account.

Life tells us that we wil always have Doctor bills. Try to talk with your car lender and see if they will lower your payment by some chance......

Also, even if you get that credit card paid in full, DO NOT close that account because that will lower your credit score.  Keep the credit card active by having a regular monthly charge made (TV, perhaps?) that you'll pay off monthly.