Question

chocolatelegz

Is Credit Karma a scam or leading people on?

NO!

What it is is an educational site so people can learn how credit works and how to build a good credit score.  That is something that is not taught in schools and too many peoiple do not understand.  The site is free to us and is paid for by the advertisers who hope to get more business from the credit cards they advertise.  Any 'recommendations' that appear here are based on partial information and are not guaranteed to be accepted. I get better deals from my credit union and that's where I go for loans, etc.I've learned a lot from this site and that information has helped me to make some good decisions and build a decent credit score.  Not fantastic (I'm working on that!) but decent enoiugh I just bought a car at a great interest rate.

Credit Karma is a great tool to get people interested about their credit. It is also a good tool to see what is on your Equifax and Transunion reports. It is not a good place to get scores. It makes it's money from recommending credit cards, so the card recommendations should be disregarded. I completely disregard the scores on here and follow my FICO scores. I like the free monitoring on my Equifax and Transunion from here, that is helpful. Besides that, I just get on here to try to help people overcome their credit situations with some advice.