Question

GeRoca

Is being a co-authorized signer on my wife's credit card a negative or positive?
I wasn't even aware I was a co-authorized signed on my one of my wife's credit cards. I don't use that account at all. the account is and has always been current but has a balance very near the credit limit. Is it a negative to my credit by being associated with that account?

Whatever that particular account's history, both positives and negatives, become yours as well once you are an authorized user. But your post isn't clear, authorized user isn't same as co-signer, AU has no "legal" responsibility to pay that card but co-signer/joint account holder dose