Question

JJTenn

is amount of available credit hold your score below 640
I read somewhere that you needed at least $10,000 available credit before your score could rise above 639 poor and go to 640 fair

Most Helpful Response

Just from personal experience? It would be a NO. Last March I had FICO 8 bankrate of 709 on EX and FICO 8 of 670 on TU, with only $600 total limit

In Addition

No mater what I try in the credit simulator I cannot get my score to rise above 639

As already said, you do not need that amount of available credit to go to the fair category. I suggest that you spend as much time as you can reading about credit, you really need to know about it because it will really help you the rest of your life. I also suggest watching your FICO scores and avoid putting any faith in any non-fico score simulator.