Question

BuildingUpAgain

Is a report of mortgage included in bankruptcy or settled by short sale better for my credit
We had to declare bankruptcy in 2009 as a result of a Ponzi scheme. We then (unsuccessfully) worked with the banks to do a loan mod. We finally gave up and did a short sale of our home in 2011. The bank listed that the debt was written off as part of the bankruptcy settlement two years prior. (The date of the mortgage settlement was correct, but they said the account was closed due to the bankruptcy, which is untrue)

My question is this: Should I dispute it? What is better for my credit score? Had A+ credit before the Ponzi, and would like to get there again.