Question

PIPERKNOCKER

Is a new card and Balance Transfer right for me?
I need some education.
I want to improve my score.
One of the issues I'm told is that I have short credit history. I am fortunate in that I did not have to borrow money for school, only recently took my first auto loan, and did not get my first credit card until I was 22.
Your Age of Credit History
Average Account Age = 2 Years 7 Months
Oldest Open Account = 4 Years 10 Months
Newest Open Account = 1 Year 2 Months
Credit Karma is also stating that I do not have enough open accounts:
Total Accounts = 5
Open Accounts = 4
Closed Accounts = 1
Credit Karma is suggesting that I Open a new account, and transfer my balances to it to both 1) increase # of accounts & 2) decrease my credit card utilization.
However, won't this new card significantly lower my already short Age of Credit History?? Further, I already have a High number of Hard Credit Inquiries (working on getting one taken off). Won't that be further damaging?

Credit Karma is free because of advertisers. The recommendations are not always in your best interest. The only reason for a balance transfer would be if you're paying higher interest on a card, and the new card offers low interest. Preferably a card offering no interest for 15 to 18 months, and then a lower interest than your current card. Pay your debt down, make more than the minimum  payments