Question

hollybeari07

Inquiries? I am not actively applying yet, I have one company that checks every few months. HELP!!!
I just ran a credit report after obtaining my Credit Karma credit score because it was reflecting that I had 11 inquiries on my report. I have not been actively applying for any loans or credit cards, in fact I am working on paying off my credit cards so my husband and I can purchase a home in the near future. When I ran my credit report, I noticed a company, PLATINUM LENDING GROUP via CREDCO, that has ran an inquiry on me 7 times over the last two years. Does anyone know anything about this company? Is this fraud? It wouldn't be the first time, someone in the past has used my SSN to claim unemployment benefits, but nothing ever effecting my credit. I want to get on top of this now before they are actually able to open an account since I am working on improving my credit situation. Thanks all in advance!

Find out what kind of inquiry they are pulling. If it's a "soft" pull these don't hurt your credit. Hard inquiries do. If so, call the company and or write a letter, email, etc. Ask who is authorizing such transactions towards your personal file. They must be able to provide documented proof of such permissions.. If not you can file a complaint with the FTC.