Question

Roro7413

Income has been cut short ! Now I am behind on credit card payments! What do I do ?!
Usually, I am pretty good about being on time with my credit card payments, loan payments, and other bills. But just recently my income has been cut short. If I could just get one more credit card or loan to get caught up on my past due payments, I will be perfect. I already calculated everything I need, financially. The problem is just finding someone to provide a loan or credit card to me. What do I do ?

Most Helpful Response

Contact your creditors and see if you can work something out. You should have at least 6 months worth of income saved for such an emergency.

Obtain a part time job and/or cut your expenses.  Make all meals and coffee at home. A $4 coffee everyday, 5 days a week cost $80 a month. Plan and consolidate your driving trips to save fuel, adjust your home thermostat. No sense in running the heater or air conditioner while you're at work. 

DanskeViking

Your math is off it would be 20 dollars a week. You would want your furnace set to about 65 if your not home because pipes freeze in the winter! Bad advice.

mindjazz

Yes, coffee at $20 a week, 4 weeks in a month, which is $80 a month. I keep my furnace thermostat at 62 degrees when I'm at work. If it's freezing outside,  leave the kitchen/bathroom cabinet open if it's on an exterior wall, or you can wrap your pipes also. My advice is sound as well as my arithmetic.

DanskeViking

I apologize, I messed up! No excuse, but just woke up and I wasn't functuning yet. I don't know how to apologise for that.