Question

23Cmclean

In debt 10000 all of it is medical Ive been pregnant 2 times,they charged me but I had insurance
I'm in debt 10,000 all of it is medical Ive been pregnant two times and they charged me but I had insurance,I'm unable to pay off that 10,000 my credit is bad I can't get a apt. or even a credit card,does anyone have any advice I'm not sure what todo or if filing for bankruptcy is the best option

If the insurance was supposed to cover the 10k I would consult with an attorney about suing the insurance company and/or the care provider. If your insurance did not cover the 10k and you are low income, check with the medical care provider to see if they have any programs to help low income folks pay their medical bills, or check to see if there are any government programs in your state that can help. Try to get a Secured Credit card or a card from a subprime lender if you can to help improve your scores. Check with companies like Capital One and OpenSky for Secured Cards and check with First Premiere or Credit One for a card (beware that the last two mentioned are very expensive). You can also see if the company owning the 10k debt would settle for less or work with you in one way or another (just be careful of the terms) before speaking to a bankruptcy attorney.