Question

Livart

Improving a score of 799.
Recently received a score of 799 while applying for a mortgage preapproval. I don't have much experience managing credit hands on.
I would like to break 800. What is the best and quickest way to do so? Pay off all debt on existing cards? Make more credit purchases to pay off right away? Would appreciate any suggestions on bumping up at least one point to 800!
Thanks

Whats worked for me is to not use your credit, don't add any new loans/cards, etc.  I started out around 640 about 10 years ago after my divorce.  Now at 808.  Keep your debt ratio as low as possible and also make sure you use your credit cards, but only 1-4% on them, 0% hurts you.  I only have a home loan for debt, and am convinced that once you get above 750 your credit score is seems random as I've seen 30+ points swings on mine w/o having anything change on it for the worse.

I basically use this site to make sure my identity hasn't been stolen, and as long as my score is about the 700/750 range any more seems meaningless.  Think a perfect score is impossible.

Jeff