Question

PanteraGypsy2

Impossible to find good help
I can't seem to get approved for a credit card that doesn't require a ridiculous deposit ($300 or more) and a loan that doesn't have a monthly pay rate of over $100/month. What's the point of a credit card of I just have to pay with money I never had in the first place? I need $1000 for a quick move and my credit is temporarily poor due to student loans. I see no help here!

Most Helpful Response

The Point

Once you get your credit to where you want it to be, you wont have to do secured credit cards.  JWsister is correct that learning about credit will help you a lot.  The benifits of good credit is paying a lot less for things you need credit for and also getting rewards for things your going to have to pay for anyways.  I think it is important to learn how it works and use it to benifit you.

No instant help but there is the education needed to build a good credit score for those who have the good sense to learn.  Since you have no credit right now, you have to do a secured card (that 's where the $300 comes in) and after a few months to a year, you may qualify for an unsecured card.  Apparently you have not read the articles here, or you would have known that.  And your student loans will remain collectable until paid in full, no matter how long that takes.  This is how it goes in the REAL world.