Question

storm9290

I'm so confused as to what falls off of credit report and what doesn't...
I have a few accounts in collections that I have not paid yet because I'm a bit confused. I've heard of pay for delete...but if you don't ask them to take something off of your credit report, does it ever come off or am I stuck with that forever?

Most Helpful Response

Paid or unpaid collection/late payment/charge-off are deleted 7~7 1/2 years from First Date Of Delinquency, Unpaid judgement can be renew after 7 years, unpaid tax lien can stay forever... If your going to pay the collections? Always try to work a "pay for delete" deal in writing first, because paid collection not only isn't deleted from your report automatically, It also dose not improve your FICO 8 scores.